About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 3, 4, and 5!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Saturday, March 8, 2014

Five for Friday.. on Saturday!


I know, I know.. it's Saturday.  I'm a day behind, by hey, it's here now, right?



Exit Slips

This week I added my second item to my TPT store!  Exit slips seem to be a growing trend and are also very helpful! Stop by the store to pick it up!  Click right on the picture to access the store!





This week we began a new guided reading book, Tornado.  To kick off the book, I showed the groups two videos.  The first was a National Geographic on Tornadoes and the second video was the beginning of The Wizard of Oz.  Both showed what a tornado looks like as well as what people do during a tornado.  We don't have tornadoes here, so this was quite a different experience for my children to see!





This week I finished my new word wall (on IG).  I also re-created my instructional group board and classroom library to match (TPT)!  It's safe to say I am obsessed with these new polka dot signs in my classroom.  I'm now moving onto binder labels.  I like having everything match and for me it is also much easier to find things that belong together.  This magnetic tape seemed to be a big hit.  I borrowed it from the art teacher, but here is the link: Magnet Tape




In science, the children are learning about the brain.  The focus this week was on reflexes and reaction time.  The children partnered up and had to do a few different tasks to find out how fast their reaction time or reflex was.  On the left side of the chart one partner closes their eyes for ten seconds and the other partner watched to see if there is a change.  The next part was clapping in front of their face to see what happened to their eyes.  The third was acting like a doctor and tapping just below the knee.  The final activity had one partner drop a ruler and the other partner catch it to measure their reaction time.  They had such a great time doing these activities.  To see more and a video check out my instagram!  We love science, thanks for the help Donor's Choose



I went to target this week with one thing in mind.. St. Patrick's Day pencils.  I had already gone to TWO Dollar Stores and had decided to try Target.  Well Target did not have any left, which upset me.  Three stores and not one had the pencils?  Target still won.  Instead of turning and leaving I continued to look around.  I found these great clip boards in the dollar spot (win!) and grabbed some other things I thought I might need! I did end up finding the pencils at the fourth store, which happened to be another Dollar Store.


Enjoy your weekends everyone! Mine will consist of lesson plan evaluations and report cards, but I will be taking some time for myself to relax and rest up before the start of another busy week!

Giggles at Green
with Ms. P


4 comments:

  1. I loveeeee your design! And i just nominated you for a Liebster award..check out my blog...teachtworeach.blogspot.com for the nomination details!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Amna, Thank you so much!!!! I'll check it out!!

      Delete
  2. Well I was checking out your blog to make sure that you had less than 200 followers for the Liebster award and I see that Amna has nominated you as well! Haha! This is the 2nd time I ran into that... Great minds think alike! Check out my blog post to find out about your nomination.
    Dirt Road Teacher

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Missy, Thank you so much.. I'm glad great minds think alike!!! Happy to be a part of this!

      Delete