About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 4, 5, and 6!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Tuesday, March 18, 2014

Sunshine Award and Nominations!!

It's just the beginning of my blogging journey and I have been given a Sunshine Blogger Award! Wow! Thank you to Kristin at My Carolina Classroom



Here are the rules:
1. Post 11 random facts about yourself.
2. Answer the 11 questions posted by the blogger who nominated you.
3. Nominate 11 bloggers you think bring sunshine to the world.
4. Post 11 questions for nominees to answer.

11 Random Facts:
1. I am only 5 feet tall.  Most of my students are about my height, if not taller.  I am the shortest of my friends and my boyfriend is more than a foot taller than me!
2. I have had glasses since I was about 9.  I have horrible eye sight and if I don't have glasses on or contacts in don't expect much (hah!).
3. If I could be a Disney princess, I would.  I would be Belle.  She's always been my favorite and it's my nickname!
4. I'm an Italian that doesn't cook.  It's not that I can't, I just don't.
5. I love country music, but will listen to just about anything.
6. I have always wished I was better with make-up.  I pretty much only do the basics.
7. I have a slight obsession with anchors, ok a huge obsession. 
8. I am a huge Harry Potter fan!
9. When I lived with my parents we watched Jeopardy just about every night together.  We would play along and keep score.
10. I love peanut butter, all forms, especially with chocolate!
11. I nanny for two boys and I love them to pieces as if they were my own.


11 Questions from Kristin (My Carolina Classroom):
1. If you could visit any place in the world, where would you go? I would absolutely go to Italy.
2. What is your absolute favorite book (that I should read next)? To be honest, I haven't read a non education related book in a long time.  I wouldn't know what to read!
3. Why did you start blogging? I started with Instagram first and then started blogging.  I'm glad I did!
4. What is your favorite part about blogging?  I have a few favorites.  I love seeing what everyone does in their own classroom.  I love seeing the ideas and putting them to use in my classroom.
5. What advice do you have for new bloggers? Being a new blogger, I am still figuring this out.  I would say to just write what's on your mind.
6. Do you hate packing your lunch as much as I do? It depends.  I try to pack my lunch the night before.  If I pack it in the morning, then yes, I hate it.
7. What is your favorite part about working with kids? My favorite part is when they understand what I'm teaching.  That "Aha" moment.
8. What is your favorite weekend activity?  My favorite weekend activity would have to be relaxing.  It doesn't happen very often, so when it does, I enjoy it!
9. Which social media site is your favorite? My favorite would have to be Instagram.  It's quick and easy, but you can still get the point across!
10. What is one thing about you that people are surprised by? Generally people are surprised that I box.  It must be amusing to see a 5 foot girl with boxing gloves!
11. If you could go back in time, would you? No, I wouldn't.  I really love where/who I am right now.

11 Bloggers I'm nominating, thanks for making my days a bit more sunny (Sorry if any are repeats!):
3. Michelle at Fabulous in First
4. Amanda at One Extra Degree
6. Erica at Erica's Ed-ventures
7. Tiffany at One Fab Teacher
8. Ashley at Schroeder Shenanigans
11. Stephanie at Fourth Grade Shenanigans

Ladies, here are your 11 questions:
1. What is the first thing you do when you wake up?
2. When you were a child, what was your dream job?
3. What is the one thing that will always make you smile, no matter what?
4. What is your favorite food?
5. If you could be a character from a book, who would it be?
6. What is your biggest classroom pet peeve?
7. What is the one thing you have to do before leaving work?
8. What is the one store you cannot live without?
9. When it comes to teaching, what is your favorite subject?
10. If you could have lunch with anyone, living or non, who would it be?
11. Who is your biggest role model?

Again, thank you to Kristin (My Carolina Classroom) for nominating my new blog.  I am going to try my best to keep it entertaining and sunny!  Another new post will be up soon about the classroom and teaching, but for now hopefully this was enjoyable!

Giggles at Greene with Ms. P





No comments:

Post a Comment