About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 4, 5, and 6!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Thursday, April 17, 2014

Follow Up - Wordless Wednesday: Weekly Organization

Earlier this week I posted a planning sheet I use to help me stay organized throughout the week.  An Instagram follower mentioned writing a post about it.  I thought why not use Wordless Wednesday to talk about part of how I stay organized?!  So here it is...

Displaying photo 1.JPG
My desk.

Displaying photo 2.JPG
Bookcase/drawers next to my desk.

I've always been an extremely organized person.  I like things to go in a particular place.  I generally know exactly where my things are when I need them.  Each year of teaching, I have continued to stay organized.  Each year my organizational skills grow and improve.

I created my own personal to-do list.  When I created the list, I thought about all of my lessons, what I taught and thought about what I do for preparation.  Also, because I am a special educator, my lessons are always differentiated.  This is the creation I came up with and it suits me perfectly!  There's a section for everything that I know I'm going to need.

The planning sheet has several categories: reading, math, science, social studies, spelling words, writing, grammar, and homework.  Some have sub-categories, such as: copy, print, or laminate.  I don't check the main box off until the sub-categories have been satisfied.  

On the right hand side there are three different boxes that help me with the left side.  The top box is for me to write down the copies that I need to make.  I like to copy in bulk so I tend to do two or three weeks at a time.  The middle box is for anything I need to create or make for any lessons.  For example, if I need to make an exemplar or an anchor chart, it's written down here.  In the bottom box I list the days of the week and what's happening on them (both in school and after).  

Once the copies are complete I keep them in the drawers.  When school ends I take the following day's material out and keep it in a file folder on my desk.

I love being able to stay organized! I think that being organized makes me a better teacher.  I'm not running around looking for things.  It's all right there in front of me.  Organization is key!


- Noelle






No comments:

Post a Comment