About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 3, 4, and 5!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunday, May 25, 2014

Five for Friday - Memorial Day Weekend


Linking up with Dooble Bugs for Five for Friday!  Ready, go!


First, it's Memorial Day Weekend.  For teachers, that means a three day weekend.  For the country, it's a time to thank soldiers and veterans.  Number one is for just that.  I'd like to thank those who are actively fighting, those who have risked their lives for others, and the families who have supported their loved ones.  Home of the free because of the Brave!
(google image)



Number two: We wrapped up the story Jenny Archer: Author.  In the story, she writes an autobiography.  However, Jenny stretched the truth a bit.  We know that an autobiography is about your life not an exaggeration of it.  We began making autobiography books!



They are doing such a fantastic job!

We just finished studying the branches of government.  We are now focusing on presidents.  Each student chose a president that they wanted to research.  I found a president project to use as a guide on Teachers Pay Teachers by Amber.  You can find the guide here.

 




I have been working on a few new TPT products.  Here's one that I recently posted!  You can find it here or by clicking on the photo.




This week the children cleaned out their desks on Friday.  One of my students found a picture in his desk that he had drawn for my dad.  He had drawn it about a month ago when my dad came in to read on Earth Day.  How cute is that?!


For those of you who are done with school, enjoy! For those of you still in school for another month like I am, enjoy the beautiful three day weekend!









No comments:

Post a Comment