About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 3, 4, and 5!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Monday, August 25, 2014

Classroom Reveal 2014-2015

Today was the first day of school for teachers, which means my classroom is finally ready!  I guess my district starts somewhere in the middle of everyone, not at the beginning of August, but not after Labor Day.  I am linking up with The Primary Gal to show off my room!  Anyway, here it is, the big reveal!

This is what you see looking into my classroom.  I work in an extremely old building.  A very long time ago, my classroom used to be the auditorium/cafeteria (which explains why I don't have real walls!).  The one good thing about not having real walls is that I can staple everything!

When the children enter in the morning, they put their belongings away and folders in their mailboxes.  On Mondays, they check the job chart to see what their new job is.  You can find the job chart here.  Every day, they choose their lunch.  This is a new system I am trying this year.  When they come in they just have to move their magnet to the lunch of their choice.  One student, the lunch helper, then adds how many for each lunch and records it.



My calendar area is along the front of the room.  I've used this behavior chart for the past 3 years, I love it.  It's not your typical move your clip up and down chart.  Yes, as students move down there are consequences.  When I made this I also thought about those students who were doing a great job.  If a student is on a higher number, there is a reward.  They can earn free time, computer time, etc.  They enjoy being able to earn different things.  On Fridays, there is also a reward for the class as a whole.  I love the schedule labels I made this year!  I am excited to use a new schedule!  You can find them here.



On the other side of the white board on the front wall is my word wall!  I remade my word wall last year! You can find the letters here, they're a freebie!  Along the bottom of the word wall and calendar area are good manners to use!



These are my library, reading/writing areas.  Not pictured is a table I use for small groups/intervention time.  My instructional groups are magnetic!  I love that I made them on magnets because they change so frequently!  Last year my class had some trouble with different parts of speech.  I happened to find this bulletin board set at Lakeshore.  It's perfect since most of my students are the same!  I used a machine to blow up their writing rubric so they can always see it.  I love my library area/book nook.  Even though my class is on the older end of elementary school, they love going to read on the rug!  The chairs were the perfect addition to the area.  The library labels are available here.




This is my math and computer area.  I have my AR board right near the computers.  Each time a student hits a multiple of 10, they add a sweet treat to their ribbon to show their gains!  The math board behind the computers is for key terms.  As I teach, the terms go up.  The plastic sleeves are for data collection.  Each student has a sleeve for weekly check-ups.  The math wall stays up because it has different pieces that the kids use throughout the year.  The book case contains different games and manipulatives.




The final area is my desk area.  I moved my desk into the corner since I rarely sit at it.  In the book cases behind my desk are all my organized binders.  You can find the labels here.  I also have my M-F/Next Week drawers on top of one of the book cases.  There's a table in front of my desk that has 3 bins.  There's a finished work bin, a send home bin, and an absent bin.



To see the changed in my class from last year to this year click here.  I am excited to kick off the new school year and hope everyone has a wonderful year!!! Enjoy!













No comments:

Post a Comment