About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 4, 5, and 6!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Friday, February 20, 2015

Five for Friday - February Vacation Edition


This post is long overdue!! It has been over a month since the last time I have blogged, crazy!! So today, I am linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching!  Because it is a vacation week for me, this post is going to be a bit random, bear with me!! 

Divider 1

SNOW.
Seriously, I, for one, have had enough!  I don't mind snow itself, it's the school cancellations that bother me.  With that said, we have had SEVEN cancellations so far this year.  Yuck.  This is the most our district has had in a while.  Last year most of the storms were on a weekend or over vacation.  This year most of the storms fell on a Monday.

Here's my question for everyone: How does your district handle make-up days?  

I know that in our district we make them up at the end of the year.  I've heard that other districts add time to their school day or begin to take vacation away.  I've also seen an article where a school district send home a "Blizzard Bag" - head over to my facebook page to read the article! Personally, I felt as though I didn't need a February vacation this year because of all of our days off. 

Divider 2

That brings me to my next question: When does your district have school vacations?  

We have a week in February and a week in April.  Right now they are thinking of changing that.  We have taken a survey asking what options we like best, but have not heard an official word.  I know of other districts that have a week in March or a portion of February with a full week in April.  I wouldn't mind a vacation in March instead of  two weeks.  I wouldn't mind summer possibly starting a bit earlier!

Divider 3

This week we still had our February vacation.  Even though I didn't quite need the break it was nice to have and I got many things checked off of my to-do list!!  

I have been slowly getting back into the gym.  Having a week off without worrying about snow gave me the kick I needed.  I am finally starting to notice muscle coming back!! I often worry about my progress in the gym, so it is nice to see muscles reforming and getting stronger!

I also was able to get many things done for our upcoming wedding.  Five months to go as of Wednesday!  This week I was able to make the table numbers, which I am completely obsessed with!  I was also able to start the seating chart.  Yesterday we ordered invitations - eeeek!  I can't believe how quickly the date is approaching!!

Divider 4

We celebrated Valentine's Day, the day before vacation.  I thought I would share some pictures of what we did to celebrate!

Displaying IMG_0852.JPG

We made these adorable owls!!!

Displaying IMG_0865.JPG  Displaying IMG_0869.JPG

I pulled out some different materials (left) and the children decorated Valentine bags (right).

Displaying IMG_0868.JPG

I then stuffed the bag with their Valentine present from me, a new pair of "reading glasses"!!!!

Displaying IMG_0870.JPG

Divider 5

Just about one week!  I cannot even describe how excited I am to meet up with some fabulous ladies!!






No comments:

Post a Comment