About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 3, 4, and 5!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Wednesday, April 29, 2015

Wordless Wednesday - Behavior Techniques



I'm linking up with Christina from Miss DeCarbo at Sugar and Spice for Wordless Wednesday.  Happy Wednesday! Here is this week's picture and question:


What are some ways you throw in some additional love for your students who go above and beyond?
Check back later for my answer!


- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 



Ok.. Here it is.. here's a way that I show students a little extra love when they are performing above and beyond in the classroom. 

I call it the "You Rock!" rock! My students love it! As I teach and move about the classroom I look to see who is doing their best work and who is on their best behavior.  I then put the rock on their desk for a while since they are "rocking" at what ever it is that they are doing. 

I had one rock that I used and said to my class (jokingly) that it would be great if I had another rock or two so that more than one student could "rock" at a time.  The next day two students brought in a rock each.  I am now painting the new rocks and can't wait to use them!

I just love that my students enjoy the extra attention and will work hard to earn the "You Rock!" rock!



No comments:

Post a Comment