About Me

My photo
Hi everyone! My name is Noelle and I am a Special Education teacher (self-contained, grades 3, 4, and 5!) After graduating, I started teaching Kindergarten!!! I had only applied to sub when I was called in for an interview! The following school year I moved schools and changed grade levels. I absolutely love where I am now and what I am doing!

Rhode Island Blogger

Liebster Award

Liebster Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunshine Blogger Award

Sunday, May 31, 2015

Five for Friday - Last Week of May

fiveforfriday2_thumb[3]

I know it's Sunday, but here's my post for Five for Friday! I love linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching for this linky! I wish I did it more!

Divider-1_thumb8

Nice quick four day week this week.  We started off the week with a Memorial Day packet from Mindy Sedlik!  It took my students just the right amount of time to complete the book.  The book Mindy created has a few pages that still need information.  My students were able to look up the information needed and have a discussion while completing the book.  Great way to start the week!!




Divider-2_thumb3

Last week we began our ABC Countdown.  Depending on the activity, it takes place within the last half hour of the school day.  The students need to be on their best behavior in order to participate.  Monday was Doughnut Day.  


I display my poster in the front of my classroom.  I show the posters at the end of each day to let my students know what will be going on the following day!  Check out my TPT store for a freebie of the list!

Divider-3_thumb3

When a student understands what you are teaching is probably one of the best feelings in the world.  This week one of my little guys came over to me and with all the enthusiasm in the world he told me that he understood long division with no remainders! I was so excited and couldn't help but snap a picture of him and his happiness!


Divider-4_thumb3

Once a month each grade level puts on a performance for the majority of the school.  My students worked so hard this week with the fifth grade classes to come up with their performance.  They decided to put on a game show for the school.  For the past month or so my students along with the general education fifth graders had been learning all about animals and adaptations.  The questions on the show had to do with animals.  The children worked so hard each day to get ready for the performance! I'm so proud of each and every one of them!  They all had different roles, such as, acting in a commercial, working on the set, and creating a jingle for the show!


Divider-5_thumb3

Last, but not least, I will be participating in the book study with Mr. Greg from The Kindergarten Smorgasboard.  The book this summer in Teaching with Intention by Debbie Miller.  I can't wait to get started and to be a part of the book study!  You can sign up for the study here!



Enjoy the rest of the school year, if you aren't already done for the summer!!!




1 comment:

  1. Hi!
    You were so kind to drop by my FB page that I thought I'd return the favor! No sooner than I read a post or two, I immediately made a connection with you - it's Debbie Miller's book. I was able to complete it just TODAY as I waited on my dear hubby's doctor's appt. With that one out of the way, I now want to revisit the first one.
    Enjoy your few remaining days!

    ReplyDelete